Stuart Pimsler Dance & Theater (SPDT) is an internationally recognized performance company, founded in 1979 by Stuart Pimsler, and co-directed with Suzanne Costello since 1984. The company has been presented throughout the US and internationally in Canada, Europe, Israel, Taiwan, Russia, Bermuda, China, and Mexico. SPDT’s community inclusive work, which engages a diverse array of populations – students, caregivers, audiences, and community members – has been lauded as a “National Model” by The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, and its Arts & Healthcare work has been recognized for “Best Practices” by the National Endowment for the Arts.
• • •
SPDT Seeks Company Administrator
Stuart Pimsler Dance & Theater (SPDT) is seeking an impassioned individual with familiarity in the performing arts to join its team as Company Administrator. The Company Administrator assists the SPDT Artistic Co-Directors with day-to-day tasks related to touring, community residencies, and local performances. This is an opportunity to work closely with long-time leaders in the fields of arts education and arts in health as they bring their signature dance/theater performances and teaching style to audiences around the state and country.
Please send email of interest and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 10.
• Organize travel arrangements and itineraries for SPDT residencies and tours
• Assist Artistic Co-Directors with marketing company programs, residencies, and local performances, as well as day-to-day tasks
• Schedule company rehearsals and meetings
• Communicate with presenters locally and nationally
• Write and distribute press releases
• Design marketing materials for company programs, residencies, and local performances (Photoshop)
• Create and send email marketing communications with local and national contacts (Constant Contact)
• Update SPDT website as needed (WordPress)
• Upload and share residency videos (Vimeo and YouTube)
• Manage SPDT social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Manage internal and external communication with staff, board members, and patrons
• Manage annual Friends donation campaign and accompanying patron database
• Manage ticket sales and donations for local events and performances (Square)
• Research future opportunities for community engagement and performances
• Archive print materials
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to both follow direction and work independently
• Ability to multitask while working on short- and long-term projects
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough research capabilities
• Video and photo editing, and graphic design skills are a plus
• Familiarity with Apple products and GoogleDrive/Gmail
• Sit for up to 8 hours
• Use computer, keyboard, and mouse
• Lift and carry up to 15 pounds
• Climb stairs
20-25 hours/week, with occasional evening/weekend availability.
Regular weekly hours to be agreed upon. Salary DOE.
Office location: 528 Hennepin Ave S, Suite 707, Minneapolis, MN 55403
• • •
Thank you to all who attended Terra Incognita & Jewish Confessions on
March 29 & 30!
If you attended our Home Season this past weekend and didn’t have a chance to fill out your audience survey, never fear! Complete the survey by clicking the button below.
We greatly appreciate any feedback and information you can share to help us know our audience a little better.