Stuart Pimsler Dance & Theater (SPDT) is seeking an impassioned individual with familiarity in the performing arts to join its team as Company Administrator. The Company Administrator assists the SPDT Artistic Co-Directors with day-to-day tasks related to touring, community residencies, and local performances. This is an opportunity to work closely with long-time leaders in the fields of arts education and arts in health as they bring their signature dance/theater performances and teaching style to audiences around the state and country.
Please send email of interest and resume to email@example.com by Friday, May 10.
• Organize travel arrangements and itineraries for SPDT residencies and tours
• Assist Artistic Co-Directors with marketing company programs, residencies, and local performances, as well as day-to-day tasks
• Schedule company rehearsals and meetings
• Communicate with presenters locally and nationally
• Write and distribute press releases
•Design marketing materials for company programs, residencies, and local performances (Photoshop)
• Create and send email marketing communications with local and national contacts (Constant Contact)
• Update SPDT website as needed (WordPress)
• Upload and share residency videos (Vimeo and YouTube)
• Manage SPDT social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
• Manage internal and external communication with staff, board members, and patrons
• Manage annual Friends donation campaign and accompanying patron database
• Manage ticket sales and donations for local events and performances (Square)
• Research future opportunities for community engagement and performances
• Archive print materials
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to both follow direction and work independently
• Ability to multitask while working on short- and long-term projects
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Thorough research capabilities
• Video and photo editing, and graphic design skills are a plus
• Familiarity with Apple products and GoogleDrive/Gmail
• Sit for up to 8 hours
• Use computer, keyboard, and mouse
• Lift and carry up to 15 pounds
• Climb stairs
20-25 hours/week, with occasional evening/weekend availability.
Regular weekly hours to be agreed upon. Salary DOE.
Office location: 528 Hennepin Ave S, Suite 707, Minneapolis, MN 55403
SPDT has continued to engage populations worldwide through its performance works and community inclusive programs since its founding in New York City in 1979. Artistic Co-Directors Suzanne Costello and Stuart Pimsler and their company of compelling artists continue to garner critical acclaim for their “theater for the heart & mind.” SPDT’s interdisciplinary vision weaves movement, spoken text, song, and visual imagery that comments on the personal and political.
Based in Minneapolis since 2000, SPDT has toured to Europe, Israel, Taiwan, Russia, Canada, Bermuda, China, and Mexico. In the U.S., SPDT has appeared in more than 35 states. The company also tours extensively throughout Minnesota, with major support from the Minnesota State Arts Board.
SPDT has been a leader in Arts & Education programs and at the forefront of the Arts & Health field since introducing its signature program Caring for the Caregiver℠ in 1992. SPDT’s Community Connections programs have been cited as a “National Model” by The Kennedy Center and recognized for “Best Practices” by the National Endowment for the Arts.